A Matrix™ Wrinkle Reduction treatment stimulates collagen production and produces a firming effect in sagging skin. Ambrosia utilizes Syneron elos technology. It is the only laser available that combines radio frequency and light energies to precisely heat the connective tissue within the targeted treatment area. This stimulates collagen production and produces a firming effect in loose skin. Mild to moderate wrinkles are resolved and skin texture becomes smoother and more elastic. Our Matrix laser is a safe and effective solution for all skin types without downtime.
Matrix before and after photos
A safe infrared light and radio frequency create a deep thermal heating below the skin’s surface to both shrink and generate new collagen. During the procedure, the skin’s surface (epidermis) is protected through continuous cooling with our Syner-Cool device… a mobile air conditioning unit with a narrow hose to point cold air in a specific direction i.e. at the area being treated. New collagen growth follows the procedure, further tightening and lifting, creating a more youthful complexion with fewer lines, folds, and lax skin.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS REQUIRED
It really depends on the condition of your skin and your desired results. Most patients start to notice improvement of wrinkles between 2-3 treatment sessions. Some patients note improvement even after the first treatment. The total number of required treatment sessions depends on your skin’s condition. We work with you to develop a results oriented plan that fits your goals and budget. The best plan is to visit the spa for your complimentary consultation. Your Medical Aesthetician will personalize a treatment plan for maximum results.
Ambrosia utilizes Syneron elōs technology. It is the only laser available that combines radio frequency and light energies to stimulate your collagen production. This produces a firming effect in sagging skin. Mild to moderate wrinkles are resolved and skin texture becomes smoother and more elastic. Some clients experience immediate visible results while others start to notice improvement of wrinkles between 2-3 treatment sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Under the supervision of our Medical Director, our licensed Medical Aesthetician will perform a complete medical history to make sure you are a good candidate for a Matrix™ Wrinkle Reduction Treatments.
- We will determine your skin type based on the Fitzpatrick scale in order to determine the accurate laser settings.
- While lying on one of Ambrosia’s extra wide, heated reclining medical beds, your Medical Aesthetician clean the area to be treated with alcohol and a cotton bandage.
- Your Medical Aesthetician will then apply a gel (similar in feel to Aloe Vera gel) to the area to be treated.
- The tip of the laser will be placed on the surface of your skin. A cooling tip at the end of the laser cools the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). Most clients describe the feeling of a sudden and brief snap of a rubber band. The dual combination of laser energy and radio frequency stimulate the skin at a deeper level.
- Once the area has been treated your Medical Aesthetician will clean off the remaining gel and apply topical calming cream to your skin. Sun screen will also be applied before you leave the spa.
- Immediately following treatment, your skin will be cooled and post-treatment cream applied. Generalized pinkness of the skin is a common immediate reaction from this treatment. This typically resolves within 2 hours but can last longer. Localized redness of the skin may be present and typically resolves within 24 to 48 hours. If a wound develops an antibiotic ointment may be applied. As always, apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to the area every morning.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MATRIX™ WRINKLE REDUCTION
CAN ANY SKIN TYPE BE TREATED?
Yes. Matrix™ Wrinkle Reduction Treatments are safe for all skin types.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Some clients experience immediate visible results while others start to notice improvement of wrinkles between 2-3 treatment sessions.
DOES IT HURT?
Most patients undergo the procedure easily. In addition, topical anesthetic cream and external cooling can be used to increase your comfort level. A built-in cooled treatment tip ensures constant skin surface protection during the treatment. Most patients return to normal activities immediately after treatment.
HOW LONG DO TREATMENTS TAKE?
Most procedures take just over an hour.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Individual cost varies depending on your age, the condition of your skin, your desired results and the area you’d like treated… face, neck, eyes, jowls, under arm etc. Treatments range from a few hundred to a few thousand depending on the area and whether or not you buy a series of treatments.